Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 89 Or Day 84. PCP Blues !!

Hey Everyone !! Just read E's entry for T-2. He is the Sean of our group. Am pretty excited for him and for everyone of us but i have done something which is pretty disappointing.

It might have something to do with the fear of what lies beyond PCP but it could just be a rationalization that my mind is coming up with. Here is what happened.

Last Friday after i measured my weight i was pretty excited. Sat was soccer day and was a bit tired after the game. Don't know why but i decided to take it easy that day. Sunday followed, went shopping and when i was trying a new pair of trousers I realized how much my waist had shrunk, I couldn't contain myself. Also i don't know but i felt i should make up for the three days of workout that i had missed during the last three months. That and a mixed feeling of what was to come post PCP brought me to stand still. Monday followed, just did the jump ropes. Tuesday, made up for Day 52. Today, just finished the Day 73.

I don't know why i am doing this. I do feel that i don't want my PCP to be over. The plan is to do my Day 76 tomorrow (that is when i make up for all the lost days) and then i start with my Day 85 onwards. So that extends my PCP by 5 days. Not enough. I am pretty sure it is not the super-sets that is scaring me.

I have been reading Patrick's PCP blog just to find something to hang on to. To get an idea of things to come and how to cope up with it. I really feel things would get tricky with no one over looking. Like i said, i am known to start off things in full steam and slowly give up. That is what scares me a bit and I know the object of PCP was to get all the right ideas into our brain and see them work so that it keeps us on the right track going forward and all that has happened but still .......

I am sorry to disappoint you guys but as you all will be crossing the finish line i would start my final lap, a lap which i wouldn't want to end. All the best to all of you. I will join you all shortly for the victory lap before we start running again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you, man! I'm nervous as all heck about Day 91 -- especially since it starts the weekend of Halloween parties. Yeah, there's one Friday at work, and another on Friday night, and a third on Saturday.

    I like this quote from Rosa Parks: "I have learned over the years that when one's mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."

    Hold tough! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete