Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day Eleven.

Hope everyone is having a good time out there. Weekdays are a bit hectic but I am glad that the exercises are going on smoothly except for a few hiccups here and there. Was pretty excited about using the push-up bars and the resistance bands after the weekend shopping. While I was barely managing the push-ups before, it was almost impossible to complete the four sets using the bar. Instead of doing 4x12, i had to do it 2x12 + 3x5 + 1x0 + 1x0 .... I just could not finish it. Jump ropes I am enjoying. Managed a neat set of 4x300 + 1x400 but I need to keep E's post in mind. Just want to make sure that i don't over-do it to the extent that I burn myself but it is just a way for me to compensate for the missed push-ups and my struggle to get the inclined pull up done. I tried doing it using the kitchen counter but was scared that the whole thing might come off. I will have to improvise tomorrow.

Diet has been alright for now. I just got an email from Patrick about chickpeas and green beans, so both of these are out for the rest of the project. So as you guys can see, diet hasn't been going great in the real sense. Making mistakes in food selection, stumbling but learning.

Mike, the ironman video was quite inspiring. E and Jessica, you both have a great sense of humour and excellent posts. Amy, we will get the rewards. Some of it would be psychological to start with as I am pretty sure that i will not be short of stamina in the soccer game this weekend but I am sure as time goes by we will see real change.

I am pretty sure most of us would have heard the following african proverb.

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or gazelle. When the sun comes up, you better start running.

Let us keep running !!

5 comments:

  1. Muscle failure during an exercise is a very good thing. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice compliment, Anshu. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a neat proverb! Don't worry about the stumbling. Even babies can't walk immediately. It's that part of life from which we will gain the most knowledge. You're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Proverb. Keep up the fight. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the proverb...I am posting it.
    You are doing great, and as you said, learning along the way is a key part of this. We are all in it for the long haul, learning is part of the real commitment to change.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete